Public bug reported:

Users should not be affected due to live migration especially when they
are using vnc consoles.

Possible Solution:
A new parameter "force" will be added to the existing live migration api, if
it's set to False and user is connected to the VNC console, it won't live
migrate that vm.
If "force" parameter is set to True then even if user is connected to VNC
console, live migration will be performed.
To detect whether users are connected to the vnc console or not, we can check
if the vnc port is opened on the compute node where the vm is running.

** Affects: nova

** Tags: ntt

** Description changed:

  Users should not be affected due to live migration especially when they
- are using vnc consoles.\
+ are using vnc consoles.

  Possible Solution:
  A new parameter "force" will be added to the existing live migration api, if
it's set to False and user is connected to the VNC console, it won't live
migrate that vm.
  If "force" parameter is set to True then even if user is connected to VNC
console, live migration will be performed.
  To detect whether users are connected to the vnc console or not, we can check
if the vnc port is opened on the compute node where the vm is running.

** Changed in: nova
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Abhishek Kekane (abhishek-kekane)

  restrict live migration when users are connected to the VNC console

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):