** Changed in: neutron
    Milestone: juno-1 => icehouse-rc2

** No longer affects: neutron/icehouse

  ODL ML2 driver doesn't notify active/inactive ports

Status in OpenStack Neutron (virtual network service):
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  The nova-event-callback blueprint [1] implemented the notifications of
  active/down ports to Nova. Before effectively starting an instance,
  Nova compute waits for a "VIF plugged" notification from Neutron.

  I'm running ODL ML2 driver in a devstack using the master branch and I
  notice that the ODL driver doesn't notify back the Nova API. Hence
  with the default settings, the VM creation always fails.

  As a workaround, set the following parameters in your nova.conf:
  vif_plugging_timeout = 10
  vif_plugging_is_fatal = False

  With this configuration, I'm able to boot and connect to the instances
  but the Neutron ports are always reported as DOWN [2].

  [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/nova-event-callback
  [2] http://paste.openstack.org/show/74861/