Public bug reported:

We recently landed a patch to make the metadata API's base.py use the
FixedIP object for address lookups.

This causes problems when using the metadata API with neutron because
the Nova FixedIP object class does not yet appear to support neutron.

When using the metadata server today (with Neutron) you'll see the
following:

Apr 14 15:36:40 localhost nova-api[3373]: 2014-04-14 15:36:40.035 3505
ERROR nova.api.metadata.handler [-] Failed to get metadata for ip:
172.19.0.5

** Affects: nova

** Changed in: nova
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Dan Prince (dan-prince)

** Changed in: nova

** Changed in: nova

  FixedIp object does not support Neutron

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):