Public bug reported:

The downloading code in xenserver requires an instance argument.
However in practice this argument is not used for debugging or any other
purpose.  Downloading in fact can occur without an instance being
involved at all.  We should remove this unused argument.

This is in preparation to separate out the download code and leverage it
for precaching blueprint work.  This should be treated as a bug on it's
own as it's a code refactor/cleanup work.

** Affects: nova

** Tags: xenserver

** Changed in: nova

** Changed in: nova
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Christopher Lefelhocz (christopher-lefelhoc)

** Tags added: xenserver

  xenapi: image downloading code requires unnecessary instance argument

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  In Progress

Bug description: