** Also affects: ubuntu

  GRE segmentation issue drops packets over 1438 bytes long

Status in OpenStack Neutron (virtual network service):
  New
Status in Ubuntu:

  OpenStack Icehouse release running on ubuntu 14.04 using GRE tunnels,
  packets over 1438 bytes long are dropped and not segmented.  This
  causes many issues, not least of which is you cannot inject an ssh key
  into an ubuntu 14.04 guest using the metadata service.

  I have attached tcpdump to the tap interface, the br-int bridge, the
  br-tun bridge, and I can see a small packet traverse the path all the
  way to the physical interface leaving the compute node.  When I
  attempt to send a packet of 1439 bytes, it enters the br-int bridge,
  but never leaves.