Looks like this was fixed in icehouse, or havana. I'm marking this bug
as fix released. If you are able to reproduce it in a supported version,
please reopen.

** Changed in: nova

  deleted (then replaced) flavors keep the old name in nova show

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  If I create a flavor and then delete it and create it anew, the
  original name comes out in nova show and elsewhere.  I suspect that
  the DB query is lacking a "(deleted=0)"

  To reproduce:
   OS_TENANT_NAME=admin nova flavor-create foo 1010 1024 10 1
   OS_TENANT_NAME=admin nova flavor-delete foo
   OS_TENANT_NAME=admin nova flavor-create bar 1010 2048 10 1
   nova boot --flavor=bar --image=$WHATEVER baz
   #See how the output says that the flavor is "foo (1010)"
   nova show baz <-- also says foo

  This is using: 1:2013.1-0ubuntu2.1~cloud0