Public bug reported:

For VIP and Pool "name" field is mandatory in horizon and CLI. But If
curl is used, in both POST or PUT even if we give name field as empty
the API processing is successfull.

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: lbaas

** Changed in: neutron
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Vishal Agarwal (vishala)

  Creating and updating empty names for lbaas pool and vip is
  successfull

Status in OpenStack Neutron (virtual network service):