** Changed in: keystone

    Milestone: None => juno-2

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Keystone.

  unnecessary period in logs make searching/copy/paste annoying

Status in OpenStack Identity (Keystone):
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I spent some time today trying to debug why neutron was seeing some
  token failures. The keystone logs unnecessarily add a period to the
  end of many of these messages which makes the copy and paste to lookup
  these tokens more work than it should be.

  For example:

  2014-04-28 16:16:34.225 5037 WARNING keystone.common.wsgi [-] Could
  not find token, 377c4c9a571a4b5ca64d56fe0aaa29c3.

  When one double clicks that token id and tries to paste it the period
  is also picked up. When used in a script some string manipulation is
  needed to remove it, unnecessary work for the debugger.

  On a grammatical note, as any English teacher would tell you, a
  sentence, which ends with a period, needs a subject and a verb. That
  statement above lacks a subject, although I suppose one is implied.
  Anyway, it's not a complete sentence and therefore the period is
  unnecessary and invalid.