This appears to be a duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1094134, which was fixed in

commit 02ea0f9f9e5c7f022b465a96ba3a4f089c633bee
Merge: cd2008c 9d3f524
Author: Jenkins <jenk...@review.openstack.org>
Date: Fri Jan 11 23:35:10 2013 +0000

Merge "Correct the calculating of disk size when using lvm disk
backend."

** Changed in: nova

  Compute service wrong report disk usage when  libvirt_images_type is
  LVM

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Heloo,

  I obsereved wrong compute node disk usage when I setup
  libvirt_images_type to lvm.  The compute service still reports
  filesystem usage (instances_path) instead of volume group usage
  (libvirt_images_volume_group).

  Fo exmample:
    instances_path ~= 50GB
    libvirt_images_volume_group = foo_vg, where foo_vg ~= 1000GB
    create few Instances (6GB root volume + 300GB ephemeral),
    create a few volumes in same VG (by cinder or nova-volumes of 580GB size)

  The status shows:
  ---------------------
      local_gb_used = OK
      local_gb = Wrong
      free_disk_gb = Wrong
      disk_available_least = Wrong

  select
s.availability_zone,c.local_gb,c.local_gb_used,c.free_disk_gb,c.disk_available_least
 from compute_nodes as c, services as s where s.id=c.service_id and
s.availability_zone='foo_av_zone';

+-------------------+----------+---------------+--------------+----------------------+
  | availability_zone | local_gb | local_gb_used | free_disk_gb |
disk_available_least |

+-------------------+----------+---------------+--------------+----------------------+
  | some_av_zone      |       49 |           306 |         -257 |
    49 |

+-------------------+----------+---------------+--------------+----------------------+

  Instead of:
  ------------
      local_gb_used = OK (ephemeral + root volume)
      local_gb = OK (whole space)
      free_disk_gb =  OK (free = local_gb - ephemeral - root volume)
      disk_available_least = OK (free space in vg disk_available_least =
local_gb - ephemeral - root volume - volume)

  select
s.availability_zone,c.local_gb,c.local_gb_used,c.free_disk_gb,c.disk_available_least
 from compute_nodes as c, services as s where s.id=c.service_id and
s.availability_zone='foo_av_zone';

  | availability_zone | local_gb | local_gb_used | free_disk_gb |
disk_available_least |

  | foo_av_zone       |     1003 |           306 |          697 |
   117 |