It appears that everything is working correctly. By default, python uses local
time in its logging timestamps, which is why all of the non-ui components
(glance, cinder, etc.) are logging in your local time (UTC+3). Horizon, on the
other hand, uses django logging, which uses the TIME_ZONE value to control its
timestamps. By setting TIME_ZONE to UTC (the default), it causes Horizon to use
UTC timestamps, which are 3 hours behind the other components. If you want them
to match, set TIME_ZONE to an appropriate value such as Asia/Jerusalem (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones for a full list).
BTW, the setting in the UI only affects how values are displayed in the
browser, and does not affect logging.

** Changed in: horizon

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  Horizon's Local_settings config time_zone="UTC", shows wrong time

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Description of problem:  Horizon.log's time stamp uses default UTC
  time, in my case it's 3H slow, as I'm using time zone IDT=UTC+3.

  Caused by local_settings parameter -> TIME_ZONE="UTC", which should be
  automatically updated to reflect operating system's correct time zone.

  Other logs (Cinder/Glance..) show correct time, I see no logic in
  causing this time deviation between logs.

  Updating time settings under UI, time_zone parameter on config still
  didn't change, might be another bug.

  Also this bug might be caused by my installer (packstack) failing to
  update this parameter during initial setup phase.

  Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
  RHEL7
  openstack-dashboard-theme-2014.1-4.el7ost.noarch
  openstack-dashboard-2014.1-4.el7ost.noarch

  How reproducible:
  Every time, checked on AIO as well as distributed setups.

  Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Compare log time stamp from Horizon to Glance/Cinder (or any other service)
  2. If your system uses UTC time zone, you won't be effected by this bug.
  3.

  Actual results:
  Horizon logs time shows UTC time, in my case slow by 3H.

  Expected results:
  Horizon's log should show correct local time like other logs do.

  Additional info:
  If there is a need for timezone parameter, why is it only available on
Horizon's config file, while missing from Glance/Cinder.. config files, could
this be a potential case for future RFE?