** Summary changed:

- Javascript error prevents launching an instance from volume snapshot
+ Zero-byte image snapshot leads to error launching an instance from snapshot

** Also affects: nova

  Zero-byte image snapshot leads to error launching an instance from
  snapshot

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Confirmed
Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):

  When I try to launch an instance of snapshot image (which was a
  snapshot of a volume-backed instance), the 'launch button' has no
  response.

  How to reproduce:
  1. Launch an instance by using "boot from image(create new volume)"
  2. Take a snapshot of this instance, this operation will produce a image
which size is 0 byte.
  3. Launch an instance by using the image generated in step 2, the 'launch
button' has no response.

  If I open the console of web browser, I can see the Error Message
   "An invalid form control with name='volume_size' is not focusable. "