** Changed in: nova

  Importing a instance from RBD backend

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Opinion

Bug description:
  There needs to be ability, while moving between clouds, to import a instance
into nova database, from X rbd pool, if RBD pool cloud can connect to.
  Right now -

  I am able to cp or snap/clone between two rbd pools, and or by doing
  "rbd mv src target" (within same pool). I keep cinder volume as
  placeholder by deleting rbd volume under that, and then with above
  method populate cinder volume back. And make it bootable.

  Whereas I see, all this should be possible through API or CLI calls ..