** Also affects: cloud-init

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  Does not enable ssh even with ssh_enabled: True

Status in Init scripts for use on cloud images:
  New
Status in cloud-init package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  The latest cloud images from vivid with cloud-init
  0.7.7~bzr1076-0ubuntu1 now stop enabling ssh by default, as they
  create an /etc/ssh/ssh_not_to_be_run stamp file. Aside from the fact
  that there was no warning about it and it's not documented in the
  changelog or documentation or anywhere, re-enabling also does not seem
  to work. I found the new "ssh_enabled" key in
  cloudinit/config/cc_snappy.py, but setting it in my user-data (for
  generating a local seed iso) does not work.