I stumbled across this accidentally today.  I think the problem is
occurring when the _token_ times out, not when the session times out.  I
re-created the problem on both Chrome + FF.

** Changed in: horizon

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  A timeout on Chrome 40/ Ubuntu 14.10 causes the user to be stuck at
  Log In

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  If you timeout from Horizon, then clicking "Sign In" redirects you to
  the Log In page without any warning or error message. This continues
  until the "sessionid" cookie is manually removed.