Looks like we still have 2 reviews in progress in **Nova**:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/161474/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164313/

** Changed in: nova

  data from previous tenants accessible with nova baremetal

Status in OpenStack Bare Metal Provisioning Service (Ironic):
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  In Progress
Status in OpenStack Security Notes:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  At the moment the baremetal driver resets the partition table on the
  first hard disk, but doesn't wipe the data. This has two holes: other
  disks have their partition tables preserved; tenant data is able to be
  read by the new instance.

  Wiping disks can be slow (particularly in cases where TRIM cannot be
  relied on),  so we probably want to only do it when the new instance
  is for a new tenant.