This has been fixed in Kilo as a part of this bug: 1327124

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/98340/ -- The fix in this review should
have addressed this.

Marking this as a dup.

   Instance stuck at spawning status after rescheduling

  failure to change port on Neutron after failure to launch instance on
  compute host

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  In Progress

Bug description:
  When running a Juno deployment, we encountered an issue where
  virtualization was not enabled in the BIOS of one of the compute
  nodes. Any virtual machines that were launched on that node failed and
  were correctly launched on another compute node by Nova.  However,
  Nova never updated the port it created in Neutron with the host_id of
  the new compute node.

  I didn't see any traces or errors on either the Nova or Neutron side
  (other than the trace on the first compute node for hvm not being
  supported). It seems like the logic to move the Neutron port (or
  delete it and create a new one) is being skipped in this case.