@yatin Hey, I think you might be confused with what this bug aimed to
do. The bug proposed that the `size` field should match the
`virtual_size` instead of the `size`. What we did to fix this was adding
a new `virtual_size` field that would represent the `virtual_size` value
in some of the images.

I don't think nova uses the `virtual_size` field but I should double
check. That said, the `virtual_size` value is an independent field that
has nothing to do with the `size` of the image. Therefore, I do not
believe these 2 fields should match. If anything, the virtual_size
should be as big or bigger than the image size.

** Changed in: glance

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  qcow2 images size should match the virtual image size

Status in OpenStack Image Registry and Delivery Service (Glance):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  the image size of qcow2 images should match the virtual size reported
  by qemu-img not the actual data size

  # glance image-show ff8f8fb3-76a3-47c0-bfc2-7bbbb9e46950
  [...]
  | size             | 699592704                               |
  [...]

  # qemu-img info /var/lib/glance/images/ff8f8fb3-76a3-47c0-bfc2-7bbbb9e46950
  image: /var/lib/glance/images/ff8f8fb3-76a3-47c0-bfc2-7bbbb9e46950
  file format: qcow2
  virtual size: 6.0G (6442450944 bytes)
  disk size: 667M
  cluster_size: 65536