Very old bug that seems to not have a current reproduce. Putting to
invalid for now, it's definitely not triaged.

** Changed in: nova

  VM can't connect to itself on it's own floating IP

Status in OpenStack Compute (Nova):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  using nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager:

  fixed pool 192.168.0.0/24
  floating-ip 9.3.11.240

  i create 2 VMs, both are assigned IPs from the fixed IP pool.  i
  assign one VM the 9.3.11.240 address from the floating pool.  from the
  host machine ((and the other VM)), i can ping and SSH to the VM on the
  9.3.11.240 address.  However, on the machine which is assigned the
  9.3.11.240 address I can't ping or ssh back to itself on that address.

  this is a problem for some of the Bosh and Cloudfoundry applications
  who run services that may want to talk-back to themselves on the
  assigned floating ip.

  I'm running folsom on ubuntu 12.04.  i've attached my nova.conf.