Public bug reported:

While writing a functional test I stumbled on the following
inconsistency:

When glance-api is launched with default flavor (no authentication) and
glance-registry with fakeauth flavor (or any other requiring user token)
any CRUD operation via api without a valid token should return 401, as
long as the user receives 401 from glance registry.

But the expected behaviour is not observed with glance v2 api. The user
can still perform any operation without supplying a token in headers.

I covered the issue in a test: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/180615/

** Affects: glance

** Description changed:

  While writing a functional test I stumbled on the following
- inconsistency with no authorization/authorization flavors:
+ inconsistency:

  When glance-api is launched with default flavor (no authentication) and
  glance-registry with fakeauth flavor (or any other requiring user token)
  any CRUD operation via api without a valid token should return 401, as
  long as the user receives 401 from glance registry.

  But the expected behaviour is not observed with glance v2 api. The user
  can still perform any operation without supplying a token in headers.

  I covered the issue in a test: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/180615/

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to Glance.

  Inconsistency with authorization in functional test environment

Status in OpenStack Image Registry and Delivery Service (Glance):