Public bug reported:

My test environment are lvm/ISCSI,  libvirt/QEMU

How to reproduce:
1. create instance
2 .create volume
3. attach volume to instance
4. pause instance
5. detach volume from instance

Nova will not disconnect with volume. You can enter following command to verify.
> sudo iscsiadm -m node --rescan
It will display the session which was build in previous steps.
Of course, you can also find device will still exist in /sys/block

Because of nova will search all block devices which are defined in xml for all
guest.
Then nova will disconnect ISCSI block which was existed in /dev/disk/by-path
and didn't been define in any guest.
But paused instance's xml define will still contain dev which prefer to remove.
Therefore nova will not disconnect with this volume.

There are two kind solution:
1. Logout iscsci connection manually. (sudo iscsiadm -m node -T Target --logout)
2. Reattach same volume.(lol)

But we still need to handle this bug with paused instance.

** Affects: nova

** Changed in: nova
     Assignee: (unassigned) => lyanchih (lyanchih)

** Changed in: nova

  Iscsi session still connect after detach volume from paused instance

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  In Progress

Bug description: