Public bug reported:

It's needed because depending on that fact operators may need to proceed
with full shutdown of their API services, or may skip such high impact
step in upgrade procedures.

Ansible playbooks for neutron already rely on some hacky way to
determine that: https://github.com/openstack/openstack-
ansible/blob/aa9230b5a5cdf0e7baf57b5fb8fc6e149912b0fa/playbooks/roles/os_neutron/library/neutron_migrations_facts#L162

We should accommodate those users that want to utilize the benefits of
split branches in production with a simple CLI command.

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: db

** Changed in: neutron
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Ihar Hrachyshka (ihar-hrachyshka)

** Tags added: db

  No way to determine whether contract migrations are pending

Status in neutron:
  In Progress

Bug description: