Marking this as invalid since the change was abandoned by the bug
originator. Thanks Lance :)

** Changed in: keystone
     Assignee: Lance Bragstad (lbragstad) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: keystone

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Identity (keystone).

  Remove SQL's datetime format inplace of integer timestamps

Status in OpenStack Identity (keystone):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Keystone's current schema uses SQL's DATETIME format. Depending on the
  version of SQL (before or after v5.6.4), it may or may not support
  sub-second accuracy/precision.

  > A DATETIME or TIMESTAMP value can include a trailing fractional
  seconds part in up to microseconds (6 digits) precision. In
  particular, as of MySQL 5.6.4, any fractional part in a value inserted
  into a DATETIME or TIMESTAMP column is stored rather than discarded.

  Source: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/datetime.html

  We should replace keystone's use of DATETIME with an integer
  timestamp. With integer timestamps we can support sub-second accuracy
  regardless of the version of SQL being used.