The plan is to use oslo.privsep instead of oslo.rootwrap in os-brick.

** Changed in: oslo.rootwrap

  os-brick needs to provide it's own rootwrap filters file

Status in Cinder:
  Confirmed
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Confirmed
Status in os-brick:
  Fix Released
Status in oslo.rootwrap:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  This came up in the review for the scaleio libvirt volume driver in
  nova:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194454/16/etc/nova/rootwrap.d/compute.filters

  Basically, having to define rootwrap filters in nova and cinder for
  things that are run in os-brick is kind of terrible since every time
  os-brick needs to add a new command to run as root, it has to be added
  to nova/cinder, and we have to deal with version compat issues (will
  the version of nova/cinder have the filters required for the version
  of os-brick that's running?).

  This was already introduced with multipathd to compute.filters in the
  os-brick integration change:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/175569/32/etc/nova/rootwrap.d/compute.filters

  Rather than revert the os-brick integration change to nova, we should
  work this as a bug so that os-brick can carry it's own os-
  brick.filters file and then that can be dropped into
  /etc/nova/rootwrap.d and /etc/cinder/rootwrap.d.

  So we'll need os-brick changes, nova, cinder and devstack changes to
  land this.

  Also considered a release blocker for liberty for the nova team.