This wishlist bug has been open a year without any activity. I'm going
to move it to "Opinion / Wishlist", which is an easily-obtainable queue
of older requests that have come on. If you decide to work on this
consider using a blueprint [1] (with spec [2]). I'll recommend to
read [3] if not yet done.

If there are any questions left, feel free to contact me (markus_z)
in the IRC channel #openstack-nova