Public bug reported:

Currently those features are controlled by configuration options:
allow_sorting, allow_pagination, and they are disabled by default. There
are multiple issues with that:

- those useful API features are not available for any default installation of
neutron;
- it's not great when API behaviour is not consistent, depending on local
configuration;
- we don't have a way of detecting whether those features are enabled.

Base controller already supports both native and generic implementations
for those features: if a plugin claims native support, then plugin calls
are populated with corresponding sorting/pagination parameters;
otherwise the base controller 'emulates' those features for the plugin.
It seems that this fallback approach already covers all cases, and we
should be safe to enable those features for all setups.

We need to make sure that testing coverage for the features is adequate
(API tests), that we test it in gate; then we should consider enabling
the features by default, deprecating those options and eventually
removing them.

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: rfe

** Changed in: neutron

** Tags added: rfe

  [RFE] Enable sorting and pagination by default