** Changed in: nova

  Neutron port detach isn't detected by nova event handler

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Opinion
Status in OpenStack Search (Searchlight):

  For reasons no longer clear to me, the nova event handler listens for
  neutron port.create.end events (possibly because we receive the nova
  creation events, but port attachment follows later?). It doesn't
  capture explicit attach/detach port events.

  For example:

    neutron port-create test-net  # id is ee486fc1-0919-4109-9990-a2f21b25fec7
    nova interface-attach server-1 --port-id
ee486fc1-0919-4109-9990-a2f21b25fec7

  The events received are port.update.end. For attaching, the
  device_owner and device_id are changed, although there's no indication
  of the reason for the update event.

  For detach it's even worse because we don't even know what the port
  was previously attached to. Not sure here what the right answer is; a
  detach/attach event would be ideal.