commit 98c32b7860f03bedbe2d4d8e35ec53cfa0c0c5cb
Author: Matt Riedemann <mrie...@us.ibm.com>
Date:   Mon Apr 18 19:34:47 2016 -0400

    Add a test for reverting a resize with a deleted flavor

    A user should be able to boot a server, resize it and
    then reject the resize even though the original flavor
    used to boot the instance is deleted. This is because
    the old flavor information is stored with the instance
    in the nova database, so the original flavor doesn't
    actually need to exist anymore.

    Depends-On: I5f95021410a309ac07fe9f474cbcd0214d1af208

    Change-Id: I356411f96a601f1443d75ac90e42567bef1f8228
    Closes-Bug: #1570748

** Changed in: tempest

  Bug: resize instance after edit flavor with horizon

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) kilo series:
  Fix Committed
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) liberty series:
  Fix Committed
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) mitaka series:
  Fix Committed
Status in tempest:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Error occured when resize instance after edit flavor with horizon (and
  also delete flavor used by instance)

  Reproduce step :

  1. create flavor A
  2. boot instance using flavor A
  3. edit flavor with horizon (or delete flavor A)
      -> the result is same to edit or to delelet flavor because edit flavor
means delete/recreate flavor)
  4. resize or migrate instance
  5. Error occured

  Log :
  nova-compute.log
     File "/opt/openstack/src/nova/nova/conductor/manager.py", line 422, in
_object_dispatch
       return getattr(target, method)(*args, **kwargs)

     File "/opt/openstack/src/nova/nova/objects/base.py", line 163, in wrapper
       result = fn(cls, context, *args, **kwargs)

     File "/opt/openstack/src/nova/nova/objects/flavor.py", line 132, in
get_by_id
       db_flavor = db.flavor_get(context, id)

     File "/opt/openstack/src/nova/nova/db/api.py", line 1479, in flavor_get
       return IMPL.flavor_get(context, id)

     File "/opt/openstack/src/nova/nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py", line 233, in
wrapper
       return f(*args, **kwargs)

     File "/opt/openstack/src/nova/nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py", line 4732, in
flavor_get
       raise exception.FlavorNotFound(flavor_id=id)

   FlavorNotFound: Flavor 7 could not be found.

  This Error is occured because of below code:
  /opt/openstack/src/nova/nova/compute/manager.py

      def resize_instance(self, context, instance, image,
                          reservations, migration, instance_type,
                          clean_shutdown=True):
              if (not instance_type or
                  not isinstance(instance_type, objects.Flavor)):
                  instance_type = objects.Flavor.get_by_id(
                      context, migration['new_instance_type_id'])

  I think that deleted flavor should be taken when resize instance.
  I tested this in stable/kilo, but I think stable/liberty and stable/mitaka
has same bug because source code is not changed.

  thanks.