This wishlist bug has been open a year without any activity. I'm going
to move it to "Opinion / Wishlist", which is an easily-obtainable queue
of older requests that have come on. This bug can be reopened (set back
to "New") if someone decides to work on this.

NOTE:
Changing the vcpu, memory or disk of a flavor has a big impact. Imagine an
OpenStack cloud where 1000 instances were launched with example flavor "A" (1
VCPU, 1GB memory). After that, we change this specific flavor "A" by increasing
the amount of VCPUs from 1 to 2. This means all 1000 instances would need to be
rebuild with 2 VCPUs. I doubt that this is the desired use case. To be honest,
I don't understand the use case described in comment #2.
Nevertheless, Feature requests for nova are done with blueprints [1] and with
specs [2]. I'll recommend to read [3] if not yet done. The effort to implement
the requestedfeature is then driven only by the blueprint (and spec).

If there are any questions left, feel free to contact me (markus_z)
in the IRC channel #openstack-nova

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/
[2] https://github.com/openstack/nova-specs
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprints

** Changed in: nova

  How to update flavor parameters

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Opinion

Bug description:
  I have created new flavors using rest API , but i have not found any API for
updating the parameters of a flavor like vcpu ,memory,disk,etc.let me know how
can i proceed regarding this.
  I have ubuntu 12.10 and grizzle installed