Public bug reported:

Our sshd_config file contains multiple locations:

AuthorizedKeysFile /usr/share/keys/mo-nonops/%u.pub /usr/share/keys/mo-
ops/%u.pub /usr/share/keys/mo-qa/%u.pub /usr/share/fish-keys/%u.pub
/etc/ssh/authorized_keys/%u.pub %h/.ssh/authorized_keys

When launching an instance, cloud init log shows that the default user's public
key is created, but in fact no file exists.

When changing AuthorizedKeysFile to contain one single location, this
issue is "resolved".

** Affects: cloud-init

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  Cloud init fails to install public keys when there's multiple
  AuthorizedKeysFile locations in sshd_config

Status in cloud-init: