Public bug reported:

The 'return' statement here should be a 'continue':

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/d308d1f70e7e840b1b0c8f4307998d89f9a5ddff/nova/conductor/manager.py#L950

That's in a block of code that's cleaning up an instance recently
created if the build request was already deleted by the time conductor
tried to delete the build request, i.e. the user deleted the instance
before it was created (which actually deleted the build request in nova-
api).

The return is wrong though since we're in a loop over build_requests, so
if we hit that, and there are more build requests to process, those
other instances won't get built.

It's easy to miss this context because the method is so large. We should
break the build request cleanup code into a separate private helper
method.

** Affects: nova

** Tags: conductor ocata-rc-potential

** Changed in: nova
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Matt Riedemann (mriedem)

  schedule_and_build_instances short-circuits on all instances if one
  build request is already deleted

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Triaged

Bug description: