Public bug reported:

This is not a bug.  It is a fetaure request.

LBaaS v2 healthmonitors currently perform checks against the members'
protocol port which handles normal traffic.

I would like the ability to configure a healthmonitor to perform checks
against a different port.

Use cases:

1) An application exposes multiple ports to load balance, but a health
check endpoint is only exposed over one of them.  For example, an
application exposes one HTTP port, and one TCP port with a custom
protocol.  listeners/pools/members are created to load balance each
port.  The application exposes a health check endpoint on the HTTP port
at a certain URL path.  I would like the ability to configure a health
monitor for the TCP port to use the health checks exposed by the HTTP
port.

2) An application exposes one "public" port to load balance, and another
"admin" port that is not-load balanced.  The health checks are only
exposed on the "admin" port.  I would like the ability to configure the
health monitor for the public load balanced port to use the health check
endpoint exposed on the admin port.

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: healthmonitor lbaas rfe

** Tags added: rfe

  lbaas v2 healthmonitor on different port