This bug was last updated over 180 days ago, as devstack is a fast moving
project
and we'd like to get the tracker down to currently actionable bugs, this is
getting
marked as Invalid. If the issue still exists, please feel free to reopen it.

** Changed in: devstack

  Support using translations in devstack

Status in Cinder:
  Fix Released
Status in devstack:
  Invalid
Status in Glance:
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Identity (keystone):
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released
Status in oslo-incubator:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  We go to the trouble to install translations catalogs, but then we
  don't properly use them. We really need to fix that. There is a great
  example of how to use in-tree messages can be found in the sphinx
  source:

https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/src/5d4cd2cca317/sphinx/locale/__init__.py