commit bf04e5279575d0ac97bd83cfd8e6c145b552274b
Author: jichenjc <jiche...@cn.ibm.com>
Date:   Sat Jul 8 23:42:05 2017 +0800

    Adjust error msg for ImageNUMATopologyAsymmetric

    ImageNUMATopologyAsymmetric provided an error message which
    is inconsistent to code logic check, this patch modify the
    error message to make it consist to code.

    Closes-Bug: 1704522

    Change-Id: I37afc0664e63d8f87a32543a2e0eb39324cbc8f5

** Changed in: nova

  Good error message is needed when ImageNUMATopologyAsymmetric is
  raised

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  When the ImageNUMATopologyAsymmetric exception is raised by

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/hardware.py#L1265-L1268,
  the nova CLI fails with the following error:

  ERROR (BadRequest): Asymmetric NUMA topologies require explicit
  assignment of CPUs and memory to nodes in image or flavor (HTTP 400)
  (Request-ID: req-645017cd-d426-4e57-a2e9-587f1d5c84b7)

  The above error message is not user-friendly at all in my opinion ;)

  Instead, an error message like:

  "(Number of vcpus of the flavor) modulus (numa_nodes) must be greater than
zero, or,
   (Memory of the flavor) modulus (numa_nodes) must be greater than zero"

  will be very useful to the user.

  This error message will match the code in

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/virt/hardware.py#L1265-L1268.

  A better error message will help users set the right number of vcpus,
  memory in the flavor and numa_nodes in order to boot a nova VM with
  NUMA successfully.