commit 846fc19d719182700656039f91f09e212cabd9ec
Author: Nick Timkovich <n...@uchicago.edu>
Date:   Thu Aug 10 15:07:52 2017 -0500

    Fix pofile for pseudo translations

    The pofile name in the pseudo translation logic appears to expect the
    babel.messages object, not the string holding the location of the pofile.

    Trimmed a string that gettext reacts poorly with when creating pseudo-
    translations.

    Change-Id: I811711412d85a989826a946d1d57ed39790e34ed
    Closes-Bug: 1710003

** Changed in: horizon

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  Pseudo-translation generation fails

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Pseudo-translations fail to generate; it looks the logic expects the
  "pofile" name to be a babel function, not the string that holds the
  filename. Not sure if this is old logic, but I was following along
  with
  https://docs.openstack.org/horizon/latest/contributor/topics/translation.html
  #pseudo-translation-tool

  $ tox -e manage -- update_catalog -l fr --pseudo
    File
"/Users/npt/Code/Ar/horizon/openstack_dashboard/management/commands/update_catalog.py",
 line 105, in handle
      pot_cat = pofile.read_po(f, ignore_obsolete=True)
  AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'read_po'
  ERROR: InvocationError: '/Users/npt/Code/Ar/horizon/.tox/manage/bin/python
/Users/npt/Code/Ar/horizon/manage.py update_catalog -l fr --pseudo'

  Change submitted to https://review.openstack.org/492670