commit d2690d6b038e200efed05bf7773898a0a8bb01d7
Author: Matt Riedemann <mriedem...@gmail.com>
Date:   Thu Oct 26 17:33:35 2017 -0400

    Pass the correct image to build_request_spec in conductor.rebuild_instance

    If we're calling build_request_spec in conductor.rebuild_instance,
    it's because we are evacuating and the instance is so old it does
    not have a request spec. We need the request_spec to pass to the
    scheduler to pick a destination host for the evacuation.

    For evacuate, nova-api does not pass any image reference parameters,
    and even if it did, those are image IDs, not an image meta dict that
    build_request_spec expects, so this code has just always been wrong.

    This change fixes the problem by passing a primitive version of
    the instance.image_meta which build_request_spec will then return
    back to conductor and that gets used to build a RequestSpec object
    from primitives.

    It's important to use the correct image meta so that the scheduler
    can properly filter hosts using things like the
    AggregateImagePropertiesIsolation and ImagePropertiesFilter filters.

    Change-Id: I0c8ce65016287de7be921c312493667a8c7f762e
    Closes-Bug: #1727855

** Changed in: nova

  conductor rebuild_instance does not properly handle image_ref if
  request_spec is not provided

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) ocata series:
  In Progress
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) pike series:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Maybe this doesn't actually matter for rebuild, but the image_ref used
  in this code:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/d36dcd52c24c32418fd358d245688c86664025d5/nova/conductor/manager.py#L830

  Is a string image id, it's not a dict or ImageMeta object, it comes
  through the rebuild action API from the user.

  It's important, however, for how scheduler_utils.build_request_spec
  uses it here:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/d36dcd52c24c32418fd358d245688c86664025d5/nova/scheduler/utils.py#L79

  Because I was trying to figure out if the image parameter to
  build_request_spec is an ImageMeta object, dict or string - since the
  code appears to assume it's a dict if not provided.

  Conductor will then call RequestSpec.from_primitives and the image is
  used here:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/d36dcd52c24c32418fd358d245688c86664025d5/nova/objects/request_spec.py#L250

  And eventually ignored here since it's an unexpected type:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/d36dcd52c24c32418fd358d245688c86664025d5/nova/objects/request_spec.py#L135