Public bug reported:

I used ocata version neutron and ovs-dpdk with vhost-user-client mode. When I
restart ovs, I found the vhost-user-client socket file disappear and 'vhuc'
interface link_state is down。
The vhostuser_socket_dir in /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini was
set as default value: /var/run/openvswitch. And I found ovs would recreate this
directory. As a result, the socket file would be deleted. So I think the
default value of vhostuser_socket_dir is not appropriate.

** Affects: neutron

** Description changed:

  I used ocata version neutron and ovs-dpdk with vhost-user-client mode. When I
restart ovs, I found the vhost-user-client socket file disappear and 'vhuc'
interface link_state is down。
- The vhostuser_socket_dir is set as default value: /var/run/openvswitch. And I
found ovs would recreate this directory. As a result, the socket file would be
deleted. So I think the default value of vhostuser_socket_dir is not
appropriate.
+ The vhostuser_socket_dir was set as default value: /var/run/openvswitch. And
[...]

** Project changed: fuel-plugin-contrail => neutron

  openvswitch will delete vhost-user-client socket file if
  vhostuser_socket_dir=/var/run/openvswitch