Public bug reported:

I uploaded a file with a bad path which contains a double slash (example:
'/my/file//path') in an object storage container.
The problem is that Horizon accepted this bad path as if it was a valid path,
there was no control or validation on the path made by OpenStack Horizon. In
the URL if I put '/containers/container/my-container/A/b/12/s' which doesn't
exist, Horizon still open the container with the following path.

Steps to reproduce :
- use "pkgcloud" module available on GitHub with node.JS to upload a file in a
container in Horizon
- upload a file with a bad path
- get all files and you see that the file has been saved in a fake URL

Optionally: put a bad path on URL after '/containers/container/' and
Horizon will open this false container with false file

** Affects: horizon

** Tags: bad container file horizon node object openstack path pkgcloud storage

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon).

  bad file path but accepted in a container by Horizon after uploading
  file

Status in OpenStack Dashboard (Horizon):