Public bug reported:

This bug tracker is for errors with the documentation, use the following
as a template and remove or add fields as you see fit. Convert [ ] into
[x] to check boxes:

- [x] This doc is inaccurate in this way:

The Neutron installation guides use old auth_uri / auth_url values
pointing at two different keystone endpoints for authentication of the
network service and the compute service. This occurs within the
controller node and compute node parts of the installation guide.
Following the current guide then fails at the Verify step with error
"Failed to retrieve extensions list from Network API"

- [x] I have a fix to the document that I can paste below including
example: input and output.

input 1 (neutron.conf):
auth_uri = http://controller:5000
auth_url = http://controller:35357

input 2 (nova.conf):
auth_url = http://controller:35357

output:
auth_url = http://controller:5000

I changed the values to the above output and the Verify step succeeded.

Release: 12.0.3.dev24 on 2018-06-07 22:47
SHA: 2206636feca043a9ab958010a00641f92957e8a5
Source:
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/neutron/tree/doc/source/install/controller-install-ubuntu.rst

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: doc

  Deprecated auth_url entries in Neutron Queen's install guide