Public bug reported:

This RFE tracks an improvement to the placement reporter service plugin
that was suggested just a few days before the Stein feature freeze, so
instead of working on it right there, this is delayed to the Train
cycle. The original code review comment:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580672/30/neutron/services/placement_report/plugin.py@187

The placement reporter service plugin as merged in Stein depends on ML2.
The improvement idea is to decouple it, by a driver pattern as in the
qos service plugin. We need to investigate the costs and benefits of
this refactoring and if it's feasible implement it in Train.

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: qos rfe

  RFE Decouple placement reporting service plugin from ML2