Public bug reported:

The require_instance_exists_using_uuid decorator is only used in one
place in the DB API:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/fb1fee6772bb101eac83845bac9022df77113aaa/nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py#L1599

This means that when listing virtual interfaces for an instance, we're
doing two queries, which is kind of dumb.

I believe this is the only place this is used:

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/fb1fee6772bb101eac83845bac9022df77113aaa/nova/objects/virtual_interface.py#L143

And VirtualInterfaceList.get_by_instance_uuid could be handled by
calling code to determine what to do about any missing vifs for the
instance if the caller cares.

It looks like all of the places that call
VirtualInterfaceList.get_by_instance_uuid already handle an empty list
so we could probably just remove require_instance_exists_using_uuid.

** Affects: nova

** Tags: db

  We should remove require_instance_exists_using_uuid