I've added snapd so they can look into what's going on with
snapd.seeded.service.

** Also affects: snapd

** Changed in: cloud-init

** Summary changed:

- Modules steps not taken into account since 19.1
+ snapd.seeded.service blocks for a long time preventing cloud-init from
completing

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  snapd.seeded.service blocks for a long time preventing cloud-init from
  completing

Status in cloud-init:
  Invalid
Status in snapd:

  We use qcow2 images to install baremetal servers, our datasource is to have a
little partition as ConfigDrive with meta_data.json and vendor_data.json is
necessary.
  The vendor_data.json provides informations about default user password
settings.

  This actually works well for every linux distrib we use unless cloud-
  init is 19.1.

  The modules steps are no longer working:

  cat /run/cloud-init/status.json
  {
   "v1": {
    "datasource": "DataSourceConfigDrive [net,ver=2][source=/dev/sda4]",
    "init": {
     "errors": [],
     "finished": 1561465042.7556307,
     "start": 1561465042.1868145
    },
    "init-local": {
     "errors": [],
     "finished": 1561465035.4210315,
     "start": 1561465034.724825
    },
    "modules-config": {
     "errors": [],
     "finished": null,
     "start": null
    },
    "modules-final": {
     "errors": [],
     "finished": null,
     "start": null
    },
    "modules-init": {
     "errors": [],
     "finished": null,
     "start": null
    },
    "stage": null
   }
  }

  and we can see in the /var/lib/cloud/instance/sem directory that the modules
doesn't have the sem file.