** Changed in: nova/queens

** Changed in: nova/rocky

** Tags added: libvirt

** Changed in: nova/rocky

** Changed in: nova/stein

** Changed in: nova/queens

** Changed in: nova/stein

** Changed in: nova/queens
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Lee Yarwood (lyarwood)

** Changed in: nova/rocky
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Lee Yarwood (lyarwood)

** Changed in: nova/stein
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Lee Yarwood (lyarwood)

  Issues booting with os_distro=centos7.0

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Fix Released
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) queens series:
  In Progress
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) rocky series:
  In Progress
Status in OpenStack Compute (nova) stein series:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  If we have os_distro=centos this isn't known by os-info, so we get:

  Cannot find OS information - Reason: (No configuration information
  found for operating system centos7): OsInfoNotFound: No configuration
  information found for operating system centos7

  If we "fix" it to os_distro=centos7.0 we get:

  Instance failed to spawn: UnsupportedHardware: Requested hardware
  'virtio1.0-net' is not supported by the 'kvm' virt driver

  This is with Rocky, but was also happening with Queens, I believe.