Public bug reported:

[Description]
Occasionally when evacuating vms off of nova compute hosts for host reboots, a
vms migration will be reported as complete in the migration list, but queries
to the openstack api, such as 'openstack show uuid' will report the host &
hypervisor-hostname unchanged. The only indication that something is wrong is
that power_state will be NOSTATE.  We can see that the instance is in fact
migrated and running on the new host with 'sudo virsh list --all | grep
$instance_name'.

In order to resolve this issue we perform a direct database edit such
as:

'update instances
set host="$newhost", node="$newhost.domain", progress="0"
where uuid="" and deleted="0";'

* In one instance, the 'progress' value was stuck at 99 and I needed to
set that to 0 in the database as well.

[Expected]
Its expected that the live migration completes and that the instance in the
openstack database correctly reflects the name of the new host, and its power
state.

[Impact]
Instances that are found to be in power state NOSTATE are blocked from
performing certain actions; instances in this state do not self recover.

[Environment]
Openstack Queens; Nova 17.0.10
libvirtd/virsh: 4.0.0
ceph: 12.2.8
neutron-openvswitch: 12.0.5

[Logs]
In this particular set of logs (sosreports from the live migration source and
destination hosts); the instance that was in error had uuid
67f328d0-cb5e-416a-9af4-c6e47e68a1e0.

** Affects: nova

  Live Migrations complete but occasionally fail to update the Openstack
  Database