Public bug reported:

This bug tracker is for errors with the documentation, use the following
as a template and remove or add fields as you see fit. Convert [ ] into
[x] to check boxes:

- [x] This is a doc addition request.

-----------------------------------
Release: 15.1.0.dev508 on 2019-06-19 22:16:58
SHA: 0c4c33b420ec98cb72adab09b87da0b62696a2ba
Source:
https://opendev.org/openstack/neutron/src/doc/source/admin/config-bgp-dynamic-routing.rst

Hi all

(Network admin speaking) Our Openstack architect directed me here
(https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/config-bgp-dynamic-
routing.html), because he didn't know it for sure.

I was looking for information about the capabilities of the given BGP
speaker in neutron. First assumption was that the BGP speaker would be
offer a full BGP implementation.

However, I come to notice that while the documentation states clearly
that advertising floating IPs and tenant networks is possible, it
appears to neglect to state if receiving/learning routes from upstream
BGP neighbors (in extenso: provider routers) is a) possible at all, b)
partially possible, or c) only if using a particular or additional BGP
capable software module that might have to be added to all nodes of
relevance, and d) if possible, how to configure or activate this
capability.

Not being capable to receive/learn dynamic routing information is a
considerable limitation of functionality for a "BGP speaker"; it might
be worthwhile to  mention this expressedly.

Thank you for considering to add a small section to the documentation
that clarifies this.

Marc

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: doc

** Description changed:

-
  This bug tracker is for errors with the documentation, use the following
  as a template and remove or add fields as you see fit. Convert [ ] into
  [x] to check boxes:

-
  - [x] This is a doc addition request.
-

  -----------------------------------
  Release: 15.1.0.dev508 on 2019-06-19 22:16:58
  SHA: 0c4c33b420ec98cb72adab09b87da0b62696a2ba
  Source:
https://opendev.org/openstack/neutron/src/doc/source/admin/config-bgp-dynamic-routing.rst

  Hi all

- (Network Admin speaking)  Our Openstack architect directed me here
+ (Network admin speaking) Our Openstack architect directed me here
  (https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/config-bgp-dynamic-
  routing.html), because he didn't know it for sure.

- I was looking for information about the BGP capabilities of the given
- BGP speaker in neutron.
+ I was looking for information about the capabilities of the given BGP
+ speaker in neutron.

  However, I come to notice that while the documentation states clearly
- that advertising floating IPs an tenant networks is possible, it appears
- to neglect to state if receiving/learning routes from upstream BGP
- neighbors (in extenso: provider routers) is a) possible at all, b)
+ that advertising floating IPs and tenant networks is possible, it
+ appears to neglect to state if receiving/learning routes from upstream
+ BGP neighbors (in extenso: provider routers) is a) possible at all, b)
  partially , or c) only if using a particular or additional BGP capable
- software module that might have to be added to all Nodes.
+ software module that might have to be added to all nodes of relevance.

- Thank you for taking this request into consideration.
+ Thank you for considering to add a passage to the documentation that
+ clarifies this.

  Marc

** Description changed:

+
+ Thank you for considering to add a small section to the documentation
+ that clarifies this.

  Marc

  BGP dynamic routing in neutron - No Info about capability to
  receiv/learn dynamic routes