I think this is not an issue with nova but the one with puppet-nova.

Actually we fixed the configration related to libvirt on CentOS while we
fixed that mentioned bug, but we still need the same fix for Ubuntu
which has libvirt 6.0 recently.

We already have a proposed fix for the issue
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/749603 so I think we can move this
forward to address the issue.

** Also affects: puppet-nova

** Changed in: puppet-nova

  nova-compute doesn't start due to libvirtd --listen restriction

Status in puppet-nova:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  hello,

  after upgrading from Openstack Train to Ussuri, running on Ubuntu
  18.04, the nova-compute service doesn't start due to the libvirtd
  service not starting because of the --listen option being enabled in
  the /etc/default/libvirtd file and so, the nova-compute service fail
  to reach the socket that doesn't exist.

  i have found other bug report and patch that claim to have fixed this
  issue but it's not, at least not on the package installed version of
  openstack on ubuntu 18.04 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-
  nova/+bug/1880619)

  is nova-compute able to use another mechanism to connect to libvirtd ?
  and thus not needing the --listen option ?