Fixing unit tests or tech debt concern don't really need to have bug reports.
That's also why we have Gerrit, for discussing whether the debt fix is good or
not.
So, instead of discussing here about what to do, please upload a new change
fixing what you want and ask us to review it by #openstack-nova, we'll do.

** Changed in: nova

  Fault Injection #1 - improve unit test effectiveness

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Description
  ===========
  I have performed fault injection in openstack nova by changing the code of
compute/api.py (inserting a representative/probable bug) and then ran the unit,
functional and integration tests and discover that some of the bugs inserted
were not detected by the test suite:
  The reference WIDS (Wrong string in initial data) is a type of fault where
the string used in a variable initialization is set to an incorrect value.

  Steps to reproduce

  Line of Code  Original Code                                   Incorrect Code
  102           AGGREGATE_ACTION_UPDATE_META = 'UpdateMeta'
AGGREGATE_ACTION_UPDATE_META = 'NHZWTCGB'

  Refactor the line of code above to the incorrect code. Then execute
  the unit tests.

  Expected result
  The unit tests should detect the fault.

  Actual result