I'm marking the curtin task invalid; after getting config and logs we
confirmed that the cloud-init package in the Debian image does not
contain a recent handle_maas_preseed() that Ubuntu uses and curtin/MAAS
rely upon to install the MAAS datasource correctly.

** Changed in: curtin

Engineering Team, which is subscribed to cloud-init.

  cloudconfig not writing maas data source

Status in cloud-init:
  Invalid
Status in curtin:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  further background https://discourse.maas.io/t/debian10-fails-on-
  final-reboot/4486

  I'm deploying a debian 10 buster image using MAAS. No errors are
  reported in MAAS or curtin install but on the final boot cloud-init
  reports `Failed to load metadata and userdata`. checking the config
  for the machine in maas shows all the cloudconfig: to connect to maas
  but the files with oauth credentials etc dont seem to have been copied
  to the target.