The Precise Pangolin has reached end of life, so this bug will not be
fixed for that release

** Changed in: quantum (Ubuntu Precise)

  l3_agent not disabling namespace use

Status in neutron:
  Fix Released
Status in neutron folsom series:
  Fix Released
Status in quantum package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in quantum source package in Precise:
  Won't Fix
Status in quantum source package in Quantal:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Seems related to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/1042104

  Centos 6.3 iproute doesn't support netns.

  From the docs I have:

  In quantum.conf

  allow_overlapping_ips=False

  In both dhcp_agent.ini and l3_agent.ini

  use_namespaces=False set

  The l3_agent seems to be still attempting to use netns.

  2012-10-02 18:02:33    DEBUG [quantum.agent.linux.utils] Running command:
sudo ip netns list
  2012-10-02 18:02:33    DEBUG [quantum.agent.linux.utils]
  Command: ['sudo', 'ip', 'netns', 'list']
  Exit code: 255
  Stdout: ''
  Stderr: 'Object "netns" is unknown, try "ip help".\n'

  Browsing the code:

  /usr/lib/python2.6/site-
  packages/quantum-2013.1-py2.6.egg/quantum/agent/l3_agent.py

  I seem to load the L3NATAgent class which in it's init runs
  self._destroy_all_router_namespaces() which runs
  root_ip.get_namespaces, which is where that sudo ip netns list is
  being called.

  No where in that chain do I see anything checking if use_namespace is
  set to True.