Public bug reported:

Hi, I think I've encountered a bug in internal DNS feature.

Generic Description:
====================
Hostname of port created with '--dns-name' option is being overridden by the
name of the created server (VM) which uses predefined port.

* This is the default behavior and I haven't seen any options to change
that in server creation phase.

* It seems to be acknowledged at the last bullets in internal DNS doc [1],
but IMO it does not make sense to be that way, since it makes this option
useless or it is not the intended behavior, and is a bug.
Maybe I'm missing some point there.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/config-dns-int.html

Setup:
======
- Openstack 16.2.
- OVN.
- Deployed with TripleO (Director).
- 3 controllers, 2 computes.
- Host images RHEL 8.4, guest images RHEL 8.4/cirrOS 0.3.4, all x86_64.

Steps to reproduce:
===================
1) Creating resources: network, subnet, etc.

2) Creating a port with '--dns-name' option:
openstack port create ... --dns-name test-hostname-1234 dns_port \
-c dns_name -c dns_assignment -c id

3) Creating a VM using the same predefined port with hostname (outputs changed
hostname):
openstack server create ... --nic port-id=${port_id} vm1 \
-c OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:hostname

4) Check the predefined port with changed hostname details
openstack port show dns_port \
-c dns_name -c dns_assignment -c id

Result:
=======
The VM/port predefined hostname from the port creation phase is replaced with
the VM given name in VM creation phase.

** Affects: neutron

  Created VM name overrides predefined port dns-name