Public bug reported:

Right now, probing the hash ring nodes happens as part of the
maintenance task thread but this thread is only started after we
establish a connection with the OVSDB servers in the
post_fork_initialize() method for ML2/OVN.

If this connection with OVSDB takes longer than expected, it's possible
that the nodes in the hash ring (that have to be added prior to this
connection) will time out because the maintenance task thread has not
yet being started.

Ideally, we would need to separate the probing to it's own periodic
thread that is started before the connections with the OVSDBs to avoid
this problem.

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: ovn

** Tags added: ovn

** Changed in: neutron
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Lucas Alvares Gomes (lucasagomes)

  Hash Ring nodes considered dead because of delayed probing

Status in neutron:
  In Progress

Bug description: